Protective Style Challenge: Flat Twists Week 1

After ogling like the heart-eyes emoji at the natural hair gurus on YouTube doing flat twists beautifully, I couldn't take it anymore hence a challenge came into existence. I just had to learn how to effortlessly flat twist my own hair and this urge for a challenge came when I needed to get into protective style (ps) mode. When the two came together and became one, the birth of many styles came to be and I knew I was going to have fun with this challenge.

First off, I have to credit my favorite YouTubers from whom I got tonnes of inspiration; Chary Jay, Naturally Michy, Fusion of Cultures, Jenn J and Afrikan Hair God. They are very talented when it comes to flat twisting and the have different beautiful outcomes because of their different hair types and techniques.

The Challenge
My challenge started mid August 2015 and went through to end of November 2015. I wanted to keep in the twists for atleast 2 weeks. I felt like 2 weeks was a good amount of time to keep my hands out of my hair in order to see significant changes. After taking down a style I would deep condition, moisturize and stretch the hair by braiding then its on to the next style.





My first hairstyle took me around 4-5 hours twisting and re-twisting the ones that didn't come out right. This style only lasted me a week... aaahhhh a week!!!! after all the twisting and retwisting!!! Sigh!! Though this is the point where you go all 'astala vista baby' I kept at it just to see how good I can get with practise.

Later Loves,
XOXO






Comments

Popular Posts