Current Hair Situation 2016 Feb-June

When laziness strikes it does so HARD and can ride you like a wild stallion to forever land.. SIGH!! 2016 is the year my fro turns 4 and if I have been doing anything right, my hair should atleast be 20 inches long when stretched and a voluminous fro when in a shrunken state. Given my average growth rate per month is half an inch, so total of 6 inches per year then take away trimming half an inch every six months you are left with 5 inches multiply that by 4 years and BOOM!! 20 inches.. RIGHT!!... WRONG!!!!



2 weeks old 


Well, that is far from my reality all thanks to the major setback that I went through in year 2-3 of my hair journey all thanks to color processing my hair. I was feeling low-key bored or could be low-key adventurous but this period is the experimental phase for most naturals. Others get tapered cuts while others put in some highlights or full on color but majority just go all the way in with a second big chop.



So towards the end of 2015, I embarked on a protective style challenge to try and mitigate the wrath that came with having color treated hair i.e dryness, dullness and ultimately breakage. The ps series is up with several blog posts on flat twist hairstyle inspirations incase you are going through the same predicament.


My current situation though!! I am deep... deep... way too deep into hair care laziness. I can do without a twist out or braid out, side eye flexi rod sets or perm rod sets, roll my eyes to bantu knots and knot outs and pretty much gorge my eyes out if I hear crotchet anything. Yeeessss, Its that bad!!



Well the only thing I can do is chunky twists, pin them up and that is it. They last for 2 weeks but I'll admit I have stretched them to upto a month (don't judge me). They keep my hands out of my hair and at this point, hunny, I ain't mad about that. My ends are tucked away and protected from the elements, uuummm winning!! (Insert Donald Trump's voice) and as a self proclaimed length chaser, these chunky twists are work for me and with me.




Freshly done



If you feel my pain ( biceps mostly from reaching up to make my hair)  and understand my struggle (basically detangling, co-washing, deep conditioning, retwisting), I wonder what is working for you??!!

Comments

Popular Posts